- President/Principal Surveyor
Ocean Way Technology, Inc.
E. Falmouth, Massachusetts
- U. S. Coast Guard Master Chief Machinery Technician (E-9) (Ret)
- United States Coast Guard - Master Chief Machinery Technician (E-9). (Retired from active duty 1 February 2002.)
- United States Coast Guard - Port Engineer Technical Services.
- Conducted Vessel Survey and Infrastructure Assessment for the Country of Azerbaijan Border Patrol, United States Department of State, United States Coast Guard.
- Conducted Vessel Survey and Site Assessment for the Country of Costa Rica Coast Guard, United States Department of State, United States Coast Guard.
- Engineering advisor/member, USCG 47' Motor Life Boat (MLB) Acceptance Trials Team.
- Technical advisor to USCG Port Security Unit, (harbor defense boat procurement) configuration and performance of Boston Whaler 25' Guardian.
- Senior Engineering Instructor, U. S. Navy Fleet Training Group Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. (U. S. Coast Guard Liaison Office.
- Depot level technical advisor, intermediate level overhaul manager for Paxman Valenta RP 1600, 3800 HP propulsion diesel engine overhaul program, installed in USCG 110' Island (A & B) Class Coastal Patrol Boat.
- Engineering Instructor Machinery Technician School, U. S. Coast Guard Engineering School, Yorktown, Virginia.
- Various shipboard assignments in engineering department, USCG Eagle (WIX-295), USCG Campbell (WHEC-32), USCG Iris (WLB-395), USCG Escanaba (WMEC-907).
PUBLICATIONS & TEACHINGS
- Completed Yacht Insurance Claims Conference, 16-hour seminar by, Knox Marine. 2002
- Currently enrolled Westlawn Institute of Marine Technology, Yacht Design LITE.
- ABYC Electrical Marine Technician Certified, November 2000 - November 2005
- Completed Albravco Drydock/Dockmaster Training Course 50-hour course by, Albravco Drydock Consultants.
- Completed Accident Investigation Seminar, 13 hour seminar by, American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC)
- Completed The Business of Marine Surveying, 8-hour seminar by, Knox Marine. 1997
- Completed Yacht Insurance Claims Seminar, 16-hour seminar by, Knox Marine. 1997
- Completed Marine Surveying for Professionals, 40 hour seminar by, Mr. Paul Coble, CMS.
- U. S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officers Academy, Petaluma California.
- Certified Marine Analyst Caterpillar Diesels, (December 1990-April 1998).
- Volvo Penta Certified Technician Program, (February 1991-June 1992).
- Marine Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, U. S. Coast Guard Engineering School, Yorktown Virginia.
- Industrial and Marine Hydraulics, U. S. Coast Guard Engineering School, Yorktown Virginia.
- Damage Repair Party Locker Leader, U. S. Navy, Philadelphia Naval Shipyard.
- St. Leo College A. S. 1981.
- Click here for an article published in Power & Motoryacht Magazine in the April 2007 Issue.
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Department of Continuing Education, Guest Lecturer, Marina Management Course, Introduction to Marine Surveying. 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- Co-Authored; Costa Rica, Maritime Assessment & Engineering Survey
- Conducted seminar; Carbon Monoxide Awareness in the Marine Environment various locations Southeastern Massachusetts.
- Published; U. S. Coast Guard Engineers Digest, Winter 1981, Preventive Maintenance Recording and Reporting Procedures.
- Course instructor at U.S. Coast Guard Engineering School, Machinery Technician School, Yorktown, VA.
- Intro to Machinery Technician School and Basic Damage Control Procedures, First Aid and Safety.
- Basic, hand tools, machine shop procedures and measuring instruments.
- Basic internal combustion engines.
- Clutches and reduction gears.